Are you ready to harness the opportunities of 2010?
As the economy recovers and forecasts indicate, 2010 is shaping up for renewed enthusiasm and confidence. As a business owner or operator perhaps there was an area of your business that became the subject of scaling down or hibernating in an effort to ride out the wave.
If that is true for your business, 2010 certainly appears to be a time of awakening and re-gearing. Are you ready to harness the opportunities? At the intersection of preparation and opportunity lies what the Roman Philosopher Seneca called “Luck”. Will this be your lucky year?
Here are 5 tips that will improve your “luck” for 2010.
- Review and revise your business strategy. Staying in a holding pattern this year could be mean the difference between growth and stagnation. It is time to be proactive in order to take advantage of every growth opportunity.
- Leverage technology. Technology is not the exclusive domain for leverage however; it is such a gargantuan of an opportunity to be harnessed. This is one item that can be delegated to specialists and so website design and content, SEO, internet marketing and social media presence is a “must have” in the age of technology.
- Refocus on the “3 keys” of “Lead, Lift & Leverage”. The “Lead” key is all about the organization’s leadership and management. The “Lift” key is all about lifting the business’ turnover through better sales and marketing. And the “Leverage” key is about improving the business’ productivity and efficiency in all areas of the operation. Find out more about this in Thinking Business by Brett Chamberlain.
- Have a workforce plan. If you down sized or right sized for the hibernation then it is time to be pro-active about hiring before the “War for Talent” is re-ignited. In particular, if you are within an industry where talent shortages affected your ability to keep up with demand then the time is right to consider having a workforce plan running parallel to your business plan. In an article by the online business magazine “Business Spectator”, CommSec chief economist Craig James is quoted as saying “Australian businesses are frantically trying to fill positions before the labour market really begins to tighten.”
- Get to the root cause of a niggling problem. It has been said that the more we look at our own problems the less we are able to find a solution. If you have a problem that you can’t put your finger on then the answer could lie in some one else’s “view”. There are currently Government incentives available to help diagnose and solve business problems. Your Business Adviser Network is available to evaluate your eligibility to access these incentives.
The advantage of working through Business Advisor Network is that regardless of your business issue, we have a network of expertise that will assist in every area of your business. So get your business “market ready” to harness every opportunity in 2010 and click here if you need help.
Virtual Business Advisor
Add your details to receive important and vital business building information such as:
- Government and non government grants, support packages and programs for business in Australia.
- Seminars, events, workshops, training scheduled in Australia.
- The Virtual Advisor blog with heaps of free information about growing your business.
How to book a meeting with a business advisor, mentor or coach?
Find out about Government Grants for Queensland business?
Would you like to become an Accredited Advisor?
Need information on how to prepare a business plan?
Do you want a step by step guide to growing your business?
Become a sponsor or partner of BAN and connect with small business decision makers?
I wish to make a donation to help small business.